- Job Opportunities
- Health Services
- Rec Dept.
School Hours: 7:55am-3:15pm
Office Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm
Phone Number: (620) 473-2461
Fax Number: (620) 473-2642
The mission of Humboldt Elementary School is to prepare all students to be capable, respectful of others and themselves, knowledgeable and confident to meet the challenges of future society by providing quality education in a secure environment.
As a Professional Learning Community we believe in order to build the foundations necessary to become responsible citizens, each team member will maintain:
- A stimulating and accepting learning atmosphere,
- A safe, orderly, comfortable physical environment which promotes learning,
- High expectations for achieving excellence in learning and performance,
- A continual implementation of proven research-based strategies,
- A collaborative atmosphere where all are valued and respected.
- Strive to have our teachers, parents and community members actively involved in our students learning.
In order to achieve the vision of a school that functions as a Professional Learning Community, Humboldt Elementary Charter School staff make the following collective commitments:
- Involve parents in the education of their children by keeping them informed of students’ progress and offering suggestions for assisting their students.
- Collaborate with the parents and the Humboldt community at large in the learning process by creating learning experiences.
- Work collaboratively in developing instructional strategies and designing methods of assessment to advance the vision of the school.
- Use methods of assessment to monitor the learning of individual students and use evidence of results to guide instruction.
- Provide a positive, child-centered classroom with clear expectations, consistent consequences, and specific, articulated academic goals where all students are valued.
- Model life-long learning through commitment to ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
Humboldt Elementary School Demographics:
USD 258 provides educational services to the rural community of Humboldt. This rural town, population 2,200, is located in the southeastern part of Kansas. Humboldt’s economic livelihood is focused on agriculture, Monarch Cement Production, B & W Truck Beds, and several small industrial facilities located to the north and south of Humboldt.
- Built in 1962
- 258 students K-5th grade
- Kindergarten- 40
- 1st Grade- 44
- 2nd Grade- 37
- 3rd Grade- 43
- 4th Grade- 54
- 5th Grade- 40
- H.E.L.P. (Parent-Teacher Organization)
- Site Council
- Title I Schoolwide
- MTSS (Reading Intervention)
- PBS (Positive Behavior Supports)
- All Day Kindergarten
- Accelerated Reading
- Study Island
- Differentiated Curriculum
- Technology Rich ( 3-5 grade one to one lap top)